ELMS COLLEGE COMMENCEMENT EXERCISESSaturday, May 16, 2020: Doors open at 8:30 a.m. Academic Procession begins at 9:30 a.m. Ceremonies begin promptly at 10 a.m.
Information for Students
Elms College will hold is 89th commencement ceremony on Saturday, May 16, 2020, at the MassMutual Center in Springfield, MA. Arrive at MassMutual Convention Center- 1277 Main Street, Springfield, MA 01103 by 8:30 a.m. For detailed information for students click here.
Information for Family and Guests
Guests may enter the MassMutual Center (located on Bruce Landon Way between Main St. and Dwight ST.) beginning at 8:30 a.m. Academic Procession beings at 9:30 a.m. and Ceremony begins promptly at 10:00 a.m. No tickets are needed. The event is general admission, arena seating.
Information for Faculty
Faculty should arrive at the MassMutual center located at 1277 Main Street, Springfield, MA 01103 by 9:00 a.m. Parking is available in the parking garage for a fee or there may be free on street parking. Faculty in academic regalia will process into the arena begining promptly at 9:30 a.m. with the Commencement beginning at 10:00 a.m.
Graduates and their families are invited to share their social media photos using the hashtag 89th. Be sure to follow @elmscollege on Instagram and Twitter, too. Photos taken by Elms College staff during these events will be posted on the Elms College Facebook page as soon as they are available.
- Graduating students attending the commencement ceremony or any other Elms sponsored event who will require special accommodations or special arrangements should contact SASS to discuss the necessary arrangements in advance.
- Family and friends attending graduation events who may require special accommodations should contact Tynisha Henderson, director of student accommodations and support services, directly at 413-265-2333 or .
- The MassMutual Center has reserved seating sections available for individuals who use wheelchairs or who have mobility challenges. The spaces are limited, so please plan accordingly. A MassMutual attendant may be able to assist you in locating these sections and may be able to assist any person in need, including escorting guests to accessible seating areas.
- The MassMutual Center offers drop-off and pick-up areas at the Box Office entrance on the corner of Bruce Landon Way and Main Street for guests requiring mobility assistance.
An interpreter for those who are hearing-impaired will be part of the commencement ceremony.
- If you have specific needs not listed above nor on the MassMutual Center Accessibility link below, please contact Tynisha Henderson at 413-265-2333 or .