ELMS COLLEGE 89th COMMENCEMENT EXERCISES
Elms College will hold its 89th commencement ceremony on Saturday, May 16, 2020, at 9:30 a.m. The ceremony will take place at the Mass Mutual Center located on 1277 Main Street, Springfield, MA 01103.
If you have general commencement inquiries or questions, please email or call 413-265-2210.
Information for Students
For detailed information for students click here.
If you have not already ordered a cap and gown, you should do so in the Elms College Bookstore, located on the lower level of the College Center. For any questions, please call 413-594-5500 or visit their website. March 31 is the deadline to order.
Please note that the commencement fee includes your regalia (cap, gown and hood).
This applies to all undergraduate and graduate students.
Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) students will be able to rent or purchase their regalia as coordinated through the DNP Program. Questions, please contact DNP Program Director, Teresa K. Reske at or 413-265-2355.
Information for Family and Guests
Guests may enter the MassMutual Center (located on Bruce Landon Way between Main St. and Dwight St.) beginning at 8:30 a.m. The Academic Procession and ceremony will begin promptly at 9:30 a.m. No tickets are needed. The event is general admission, arena seating.
Graduates and their families are invited to share their social media photos using the hashtag #Elms2020. Be sure to follow @elmscollege on Instagram and Twitter. Photos taken by Elms College staff during these events will be posted on the Elms College Facebook page as soon as they are available.
During Commencement, a professional photographer from Commencement Photos will be taking a picture of each student as they are handed their diploma. In the weeks after commencement, Commencement Photos will be contacting you and your family to be able to purchase these photos.
Information for Faculty and Staff
Faculty and Staff should arrive at the MassMutual Center located at 1277 Main Street, Springfield, MA 01103 by 9:00 a.m. Parking is available in the parking garage for a fee or there may be free on street parking. Faculty and Staff in academic regalia will process into the arena beginning promptly at 9:30 a.m.
- An interpreter for those who are hearing-impaired will be part of the commencement ceremony.
- Graduating students attending the commencement ceremony or any other Elms sponsored event that may require accessibility related accommodations should contact Tynisha Henderson to discuss the necessary arrangements no later than April 1, 2020.
- Family and friends attending graduation events that may require accessibility related accommodations should contact Tynisha Henderson, director of Student Accommodations and Support Services, directly at 413-265-2333 or .
- The MassMutual Center has reserved seating sections available for individuals who use wheelchairs or who have mobility challenges. The spaces are limited, so please plan accordingly. A MassMutual attendant may be able to assist you in locating these sections and may be able to assist any person in need of mobility support, including escorting guests to accessible seating areas.
- The MassMutual Center offers drop-off and pick-up areas at the Box Office entrance on the corner of Bruce Landon Way and Main Street for guests requiring mobility assistance. https://www.massmutualcenter.com/accessibility
- If you have specific accommodation needs not listed above nor on the MassMutual Center Accessibility link, please contact Tynisha Henderson at 413-265-2333 or .