Dear members of the Class of 2021,
Thank you so much for your terrific response to our recent survey regarding your preference for an in-person or virtual Commencement ceremony.
The consensus was that the majority of you wish to celebrate your academic achievement with an in-person ceremony, preferably one held outside that follows recommended safety precautions.
Commencement is still months away, but I wanted to let you know that we heard you, and we are currently navigating the logistics of holding an in-person ceremony — or ceremonies — depending on state guidelines in effect at that time.
We are still in the early phases of planning, but I wanted to let you know that we are committed to helping you celebrate your milestone achievement. Stay tuned for more information as our plans, and recommended health and safety protocols, continue to evolve over the next few weeks.
Dean of Students
Directions to the MassMutual Center can be found here.
1277 Main Street
Springfield, MA 01103
Guests may enter the MassMutual Center (located on Bruce Landon Way between Main St. and Dwight St.) beginning at 8:30 a.m.
- An interpreter for those who are hearing-impaired will be part of the commencement ceremony.
- Graduating students attending the commencement ceremony or any other Elms sponsored event that may require accessibility related accommodations should contact Hillary Gregory to discuss the necessary arrangements no later than April 1, 2021.
- Family and friends attending graduation events that may require accessibility related accommodations should contact Hillary Gregory, Director of Student Accommodations and Support Services, directly at 413-265-2333 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The MassMutual Center has reserved seating sections available for individuals who use wheelchairs or who have mobility challenges. The spaces are limited, so please plan accordingly. A MassMutual attendant may be able to assist you in locating these sections and may be able to assist any person in need of mobility support, including escorting guests to accessible seating areas.
- The MassMutual Center offers drop-off and pick-up areas at the Box Office entrance on the corner of Bruce Landon Way and Main Street for guests requiring mobility assistance. https://www.massmutualcenter.com/accessibility
- If you have specific accommodation needs not listed above nor on the MassMutual Center Accessibility link, please contact Hillary Gregory at 413-265-2333 or email@example.com.
Local Hotel Information
600 Memorial Drive
Chicopee, MA 01020
Comfort Inn & Suites
106 Capital Drive
West Springfield, MA 01089
64 Border Way
West Springfield, MA 01089
Sheraton Springfield Monarch Place
1 Monarch Place
Springfield, MA 01144